Sunday 7 November 2010

You Pays Your Money You Takes Your Chances

35EM Random Old Building

The quality of processing at the photo lab I now use is often good. Sometimes, however, it's a little less than good. This is what this strip of film looked like AFTER the Nikon scanner had removed all the dirt and scratches it could. I shudder to think what a raw scan would look like. I suppose this is not Photo World's finest hour.

On the other hand, in a weird sort of way I think that the dust and lint and whatever does not detract from this particular shot. I take a lot of carefully composed pictures but when I shoot with the little Vivitar it's a much looser and more casual affair. After all, if I really wanted to take time with it I would get the camera bag and tripod out of the back of the car...

No comments:

Post a Comment