Saturday 24 July 2010

Seeing What You Can't See

Storm Drain Outlet Corniche at Night

This is one of those shots that aren't so obvious without the benefit of experience. It was quite dark and the white foam coming out of the storm drain was something you had to look at for a minute before you really noticed it. I was able to picture this before I took it only because I now have a good idea how rushing water will look in a long exposure and what the perspective distortion from my 15mm is like. I knew I wanted to point it down to emphasize the foam and make exciting lines out of the background lights. I knew roughly how the colours would render in a long exposure and how details would start to appear that my eyes couldn't see.

Experience comes from doing so get out there and shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment