Wednesday 3 March 2010

Great Pictures in Crappy Locations II

Medium Bus and Two Lorries Sunrise Velvia

This is another one of my favourite recent pictures. Yes, it helped that I had a medium format camera loaded with Velvia slide film to hand. However, the most important ingredient here was recognising the potential of the scene and being prepared to take advantage of it.

The placement of the vehicles in this scene was intentional. The lone bird on the branch near the centre was an unexpected bonus. I encourage you to click on the image and view it in full size from my Flickr. It makes a wonderful print for exploring with the eye.

Of course, if you live in Doha I will happily sell you such a print!

1 comment:

  1. So I really enjoy your layout and was wondering how you can get the photos to be such a large format. Is it because you upload from a web source (flickr)? I've been uploading to blogspot and they get cut off if I try to make them as big as yours. Follow me? Photos everyday and uploaded without editing. Check it out, let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete