Friday 13 March 2009

Be Prepared

Sandstorm Light VI

Last week we had a sudden cloud of fine sand blown in. It caused a wonderful golden light but only lasted for a few minutes. I saw it and snatched my camera bag. This picture shows the light coming in the window by the front door. I got outside and took a couple shots of some flowers. By the time I went in for a different lens the light was gone.

The key to getting the shots I got is being prepared. Try to always have a camera to hand. Make sure it is ready. If it is film keep spare rolls handy. If it is digital keep the battery charged and have a spare at hand. Make sure there is always plenty of room on the memory card. If you are in the habit of changing settings on the camera always set them back to the defaults before you put it away. If you use a camera bag maybe you don't need to keep the lens cap on. Do what you need to do so that the camera is ready the moment you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment